Monday 1 February 2010

Socks ready to go.....

Here they are - my first batch of socks from the CSM. Had a grand time cranking them and also enjoyed grafting up the toes. Must be like riding a bicycle, once you've learned to make a sock on a sock machine, you never forget....

These are the toes, to show how professional they look! The pair second from the left are Joans' hand-dyed wool (www.calanacrafts.co.uk) and they are very effective.

And here they are all stacked up in a crisp little column waiting to be worn. None of these are for sale - am still having a bit of a problem with dropping cylinder stitches on the ribbing, but once that's sorted, I shall have some on sale.

Still snowy here, but not so bad that we can't get out and about.
Breaking news.......... Pippins new little brothers have been named "Mist" and "Mirk". Lovely names for cute little pups!



4 comments:

Creariet said...

Hi,
I like your colorful socks! And you are so quick. I go on with my needles.

Nina said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Sheila i love your SOCKS.....YOu had better keep that machine under lock and key.....

Unknown said...

Lovely socks!! I want one of those machines :o)

Scalpay Linen said...

Strangely, the lady I got my new cylinder and ribber dial will shortly have a Grisewold for sale - which is almost the same as mine. If you're interested, drop me a line and I'll put you in touch. It's a great occupation and not at all difficult to learn.