Tuesday 9 November 2010

Spotted in Tokyo...

Well, after two weeks scouring the shopping malls of Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka (yes, a tough job but someone has to do it!), when I got back to Scalpay on Friday I had seen only one item of Harris Tweed.  That was a natty pea-green jacket worn by a Japanese gentleman who was in the queue with us waiting to get into the annual exhibition at Nara. 
However, my spy in the east has sent me the photo below of a display in a shop called Beautiful and Young United Arrows.


Lots on the agenda now I'm back.  Some hand-looms to set up, some special spinning, some new linen..
Today we packed up the wool clip ready to be collected by lorry tomorrow, so its good to see the back of all that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly imagine a greater culture shock, returning from Tokyo to Harris! It's wonderful to see that real Harris tweed is appreciated all over the world.