Wednesday 14 January 2009

Spent the morning with the winder hanking up my hand-spun single tweedy yarn which is now washed and aired and ready for Etsy. It started life as a bag of bits from the Carloway mill and is now a soft and springy yarn which is a joy to knit with.

There are four hanks ready - one mid-blue and three multi-coloured.

Also, I now have my Hebridean Tweed available on Etsy.

It's a little heavier than Harris Tweed, because I wove it with 21 shots to the inch instead of the usual 19, and it's quite a bit softer. I've seen it tailored into a jacket - and it hangs beautifully.



I was trying to take photos of some of the different sorts of hens we have on the croft. They were all running about and most of the pictures just came out blurry.

Hen of the day today is a Lemon-Pencilled Frisian Bantam who I nearly got into focus as she sped past.


The only member of the croft family who would stand still was our young ram, who is a bit of a prima donna......



























1 comment:

Min said...

The blue looks very good. The singles yarn you sent down here has a nice feel to it. As you can see, I've got myself organised so that I can make comments on your posts now.