Wednesday 17 December 2008

More marine inspiration

Today the weather is very wet and windy - but am I downhearted? Absolutely not. Yesterday morning I had some surprise Christmas sales so in the afternoon I hot footed it over to Calana Crafts and bought some more yummy Uruguayan wool which I thought I would make Sea Anemone hats with. When I got home I realised that I had bought the wrong wool - so instead I made a really funky hat last night.......

The top is hyperbolic crochet - which I think is going to be the next big thing as its just so organic and interesting. The bottom is the same as the sea anemone hat and the two are grafted together. Its more of a skull cap type hat - sits neatly on top of the head and looks like a lions mane jellyfish - hence I've called it a jellyfish hat. Though my husband said he thinks it looks more like coral, specially with the colour. Its on www.scalpaylinen.etsy.com in case you fancy having it for yourself. Colours are black and shocking pink.

The Harris Tweed labour is going slowly - have sorted out colours and am still photographing to get a good balance. Also had some good suggestions as to how I should arrange the colours so I'm looking into that.

Tonight will be another night for the fire and the black Wensleydale spinning I think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fab, I like it, love the top, tho jellyfish does not come to mind, tho I do have wool that would suit jellyfish.....only joking, You are so creative, can't wait to see what you come up with next, now off to photograph the goodies I bought today.........